Writing and content development:
- Second Place (Popular Vote) in the Inkitt Fandom 2 Fanfiction Novel Contest for novel-length fan fiction, 2015.
The same 120 000-word action adventure currently has 499 reviews on FanFiction.net.
- Top 10 Finalist in the South African Blog Awards: Entertainment Category, 2010.
Academic and professional development:
- Undergraduate Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communication) Degree completed summa cum laude, 2003.
- Post-graduate English Honours completed cum laude, 2005.
- Recipient of my university’s scholarship for the top student entering their final year of undergraduate studies, 2003.
- Recipient of scholarship for English studies and cultural leadership, undergraduate 2003, post-graduate 2005.
- Best First Year English, 2001; Best Second Year English, 2002.
- Dean’s commendation, 1st and 2nd semesters, 2001 – 2003.
- 99% grade for Story and Narrative Development for Video Games online course (California Institute of the Arts, on Coursera), 2016.
- Completed Principles of Game Design online course (Michigan State University, on Coursera), 2016. [informal audit study]
- One of 24 South Africans selected for the JET (Japan Exchange and Teaching) Programme, 2014
- Recipient of the CLAIR Grant for TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certification, 2015.
- 120-hour TEFL certificate course, completed with Grade A pass, 2015.
- 50-hour TEFL certificate in Business English completed 2015.
Blast from high school past:
- Matric Exemption (South African equivalent to British A Levels) with 2Bs and 4As (English – 99%, Art, History, Afrikaans), achieved in 1999.
- Full Colours for Academics, 1998 and 1999.
- English Subject Prize, 1997 and 1999.
- Award for Creative Writing, 1999.
- Award for Achievement in Graphic Art, 1999.
- Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, awarded 2013.
- 2nd place in the Women’s Division at annual charity event, the Akita International Sumo Basho, 2016.
- Qualified NAUI Scuba Diver (Open Water), 2015.
A detailed CV is available on request.